What to pack for a healthy holiday in Asia?
What should you pack for a healthy holiday in Asia and how is it different from a normal holiday pack? One of our most frequently asked questions, but definitely an important one. Soul Sanctuaries founder Joanne, recently found that out on a month of healthy travel in Asia. Here’s her list of must haves in your luggage:
Prior to travelling on a Healthy Holiday
- It always a bit stressful packing, so make a list of essentials (see below) and try to stay calm.
- Some people love rolling clothes to save space (I’m not a fan but hey!)
- Be kind to yourself; remember that you’re about to embark on a holiday to reset and improve your health. Plant based meals with lots of fibre are a good idea prior to experiencing new cuisine abroad and stay rehydrated, avoiding stressful triggers such as alcohol.
Tips on Packing for a Healthy Holiday in Asia:
- 6 months on your passport, several stamp pages and great travel insurance!
- Money – most of our resort partners accept credit cards for hotel incidental bills but check with us first. It’s always good to have a little local currency but do check with us for advice on good money changers.
- You always need more underwear than you think (Discovered this on my recent trip around Asia. You might not want to use the hotel laundry service for just a few smalls and who has time for hand washes when you’re with your personal trainer. Remember guys, you might sweat a lot!
- A journal – Whether you’re on a detox holiday in Thailand or a self-healing retreat in Bali, expressing your emotions by writing them down can be of great relief.
- Good pair of trainers/sneakers and lightweight fitness or yoga wear are usually required for most of our luxury wellness retreats in Asia.
- Citronella based mosquito repellent.
- A sarong (for the guys too). You’ll most likely visit an ancient temple or two with us and legs aren’t a good look. You may also need something which covers your shoulders.
- If you’re travelling in a rainy season, a breathable raincoat might be handy.
- A reusable water bottle to fill on the flight and in resort.
When you book a luxury healthy holiday to Asia with us, you’ll pay no more than booking direct, we’ll price match and we make sure everything runs smooth. We relieve you of heaps of phone calls, organise transfers and treatments and are on hand to answer all your questions throughout. Pre, during and post stay, we’re with you every step of the way!
If you’re interested in hearing about our top wellness retreats in Asia then drop us a line and tell us where you’re at. email firstname.lastname@example.org