Beat It Dancers: Where Are They Now?
Since its release in 1983, Michael Jackson’s iconic music video for “Beat It” has captivated audiences around the world. The video showcases not only Jackson’s incredible talent but also the impressive dance moves of the accompanying dancers. Over the years, fans have wondered what became of these talented individuals who helped make “Beat It” such a groundbreaking piece of art. In this article, we delve into the lives of the Beat It dancers and provide you with interesting facts about their journey since that iconic video.
1. Shabba-Doo (Adolfo Quinones):
Shabba-Doo, known for his distinctive style, went on to have a successful career beyond “Beat It.” He became a respected choreographer and actor, starring in films such as “Breakin'” and “Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo.” Sadly, Shabba-Doo passed away in 2020, leaving behind a legacy of dance and inspiration.
2. Michael Peters:
Michael Peters, the choreographer behind “Beat It,” continued to influence the dance world after the video’s release. He choreographed numerous music videos and worked with renowned artists like Lionel Richie and Donna Summer. Peters passed away in 1994, but his impact on dance and music lives on.
3. Michael DeLorenzo:
Michael DeLorenzo, the youngest dancer in the “Beat It” video, went on to become a successful actor. He appeared in popular TV shows like “Fame” and “New York Undercover,” showcasing his versatility as a performer.
4. Alonzo Williams:
Alonzo Williams, known as “Turbo” in the video, pursued a career as a dancer and choreographer. He worked with artists like Madonna and Lionel Richie, leaving his mark on the music industry.
5. Bruno “Pop’n Taco” Falcon:
Bruno Falcon, better known as “Pop’n Taco,” continued to dance professionally after “Beat It.” He performed with notable artists such as Prince and Janet Jackson, showcasing his unique style and skill.
As of 2023, several of the original Beat It dancers have sadly passed away. However, their contributions to dance and entertainment continue to inspire new generations of performers.
Now, let’s address some common questions about the Beat It dancers:
1. How old were the Beat It dancers at the time of the video’s release?
The dancers’ ages ranged from their late teens to early thirties.
2. How tall were the Beat It dancers?
The dancers had varying heights, ranging from approximately 5’6″ to 6’2″.
3. What were the weights of the Beat It dancers?
The dancers’ weights varied, reflecting their different body types and physical conditioning.
4. Did any of the Beat It dancers pursue careers outside of dance?
Yes, some of the dancers ventured into acting, choreography, and other artistic endeavors.
5. Were any of the Beat It dancers married?
The marital status of the dancers varied, with some being married while others were not.
6. Are any of the Beat It dancers still actively involved in the entertainment industry?
A few of the dancers continue to work in the industry, either as performers or behind the scenes.
7. Did any of the Beat It dancers collaborate with Michael Jackson on future projects?
Some of the dancers had the opportunity to work with Jackson on subsequent projects, further solidifying their connection to him.
8. How did the Beat It dancers contribute to the success of the “Beat It” music video?
The dancers’ incredible talent and synchronized movements elevated the video’s energy and visual impact, making it a groundbreaking piece of art.
9. Did the Beat It dancers receive recognition for their contributions to the video?
While the dancers may not have received widespread individual recognition, their involvement in the video remains an integral part of its cultural significance.
10. Have any of the Beat It dancers spoken publicly about their experience working on the video?
Over the years, some of the dancers have shared their experiences in interviews and documentaries, shedding light on the creation of the iconic video.
11. Are there any plans to reunite the Beat It dancers for future projects or events?
As of 2023, there haven’t been any official announcements regarding a reunion or collaboration among the surviving Beat It dancers.
12. Did the Beat It dancers continue to work with other renowned artists after the video’s release?
Yes, many of the dancers went on to work with other notable artists, further solidifying their place in the dance and entertainment industry.
13. How did the Beat It video impact the careers of the dancers?
The exposure from the “Beat It” video undoubtedly provided the dancers with increased opportunities and recognition within the entertainment industry.
14. What is the legacy of the Beat It dancers?
The Beat It dancers played a significant role in shaping the music video landscape and influencing future generations of dancers, leaving a lasting impact on dance and popular culture.
In conclusion, the Beat It dancers have left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry. While some have sadly passed away, their contributions to dance and music continue to inspire. Their involvement in the “Beat It” music video remains a testament to their incredible talent and the cultural impact of Michael Jackson’s iconic song.