By booking this retreat you will give a child in need:
Rinpoche's Refuge for
HANDY TO KNOW
Travel : Bhutan’s national carrier Druk Air, connects the country with Singapore, Bangkok, Calcutta (Kolkata), Delhi and Kathmandu. The journey to Paro provides incredible views of the main Himalayan range, including a possible glimpse of Everest.
Airport Transfer: 10 mins by car
Currency: Credit Card payments are accepted at the resort
Best time to go: The two main overnight trekking periods are generally spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November). June, July and August are the best months for flowers and birdlife, while December, January and February promise crystal clear mountain views.
Eco conscious: *****
Children: Uma Paro really makes travelling with children easy with activities from archery to biking to camping. They also have a great 2 bedroom family villa.
Tips: Uma Paro can organise at the visa fee of $40 per person.
For travel to Paro and to all of Bhutan, the Kingdom requires every foreign national, except Indian citizens, to pay a Daily Government Royalty of US$65 per person per day (this is waived for children under 12). This is in addition to a Free Independent Traveller (FIT) surcharge of US$30 per person per day. For single travellers this fee is US$40 per day. The fee is waived for parties of three or more travelling together on a single visa approval.
Guides: Paro has a dedicated team of certified guides to assist with your itinerary in Bhutan. All guides speak English, Hindi, Nepali, Dzongkha and their own local dialects.
Uma Paro Bhutan Yoga Retreat
Paro Valley, Bhutan
Luxury Bhutan Yoga Retreat with Uma Paro
Is there anything more ancient and mystical than a luxury Bhutan yoga retreat? Gift yourself a transformation yogic experience in Paro valley within the Kingdom of Bhutan. Just taking a vacation in this country and soaking up the culture is fantastic. Then learn the fundamental tools of yoga asana, pranayama (yogic breathing techniques) and silent meditation. Reflect within, nurturing your mind, body and soul and then wholly appreciate your surroundings.
This Bhutan luxury yoga retreat is suitable for both beginners and advanced practitioners. Using Uma Paro as a luxury base, yoga classes are intermingled with guided walks, including a pilgrimage to the national landmark known as the Tiger’s Next monastery.
You should be reasonably fit and prepared for some spa pampering too as a signature Como Shambhala massage and a skin detoxifying cleansing treatment are included in the yoga package.
If you’re like me and had Bhutan on your bucket list then Uma Paro and it’s sister hotel Uma Purnaka are wonderful retreats from which to explore the rich tapestry of the country. Situated in the Paro valley, you’re in easy reach of the Tiger’s Nest monastery which clings to the mountainside. If you enjoy exploration, there are many programs to choose from including Himalayan treks with pony, a night at a wilderness tented camp or a series of exciting day tours to immerse yourself in Bhutanese spirituality and ancient wisdom.
Uma Paro is one of Bhutan's most luxurious and authentic boutique resorts. The cuisine is organic, the treks and tours are out of this world and the warm welcome and indulgent spa treatments are exquisite. Set right in the Paro valley its really near to the airport and a central point for some of Bhutan's best national landmarks.
Why is it a Sanctuary
In my humble opinion the entire country is a sanctuary! What an honour to be one of the few tourists to enter this ancient kingdom and experience it in the luxurious arms of Uma Paro. Within easy access of Bhutan's highlights from the Tiger's next monastery which clings to the cliff to Thimpu's local markets, Uma Paro's nine private villas and twenty luxury rooms rest in a mystical valley.
Imagine this; a private yoga class, a pilgrimage to one of Bhutan's national landmarks, a visit to Thimpu's local market, a leisurely walk through Chela La Pass (Bhutan highest mountain pass). Its a well heeled yoga travelers dream, absolute 'bucket list' material.
Much of their produce comes from their own organic kitchen, in partnership with local farmers. Light and nutritiously rich cuisine is signature of Como Shambhala with a mix of locally inspired dishes and internationally renowned Western cuisine. The Bhutanese Royal family often make Uma Paro their restaurant of choice!
Who is it for
Writing this I have to say this is for me! Its for somebody who is looking for more than just a few tours and treks. You won't deny yourself luxury and you want absolutely authenticity. You may be a yoga beginner or have a regular practice and its important to you to experience some inner reflection in this ancient mystical kingdom. What an honour!
Uma Paro Luxury Yoga Program
This example program is for 6 nights
We can tailor to suit length of stay and multiple destinations, please inquire.
- Accommodation for 6 nights at Uma Paro on a full board basis (excluding beverages),
which includes picnic
- lunches during excursion days
- Five and a half private guided day walks and excursions taking in the highlights
of the Paro Valley
- Sightseeing in Paro town and visit to local temple
- Walk to Zurig Dzong, Rinpung Dzong, Ta Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang and Drukgyel Dzong
- Walk from Chela La Pass (highest mountain pass in Bhutan) to Kila Goemba nunnery
- bike descent
- Day out in the capital, Thimpu comprising a selection of activities according to guests’ interest
- Day walk and visit to the Taktsang monastery (Tiger’s Nest), one of the most amazing and
- important pieces of architecture in Bhutan
- One 60 minute private yoga session per day
- The private guiding services of an experienced English-speaking Uma Bhutan guide
- One COMO Shambhala massage with Detoxifying Skin Treatment (90 minutes) per person
- Private airport transfers and transport in Bhutan
- All Bhutanese Government Visa Fees and Royalties Inclusive of 10% service charge and 10% sales tax
- All museum and visitor centre entry fees and road permits
- Complimentary scheduled one-hour daily Yoga class whilst at Uma Paro (except Sundays)
- Complimentary use of the library, internet facilities, swimming pool, steam room and gym at Uma Paro