By booking this retreat you will give a child in need:
Mobile Medical Unit funding
HANDY TO KNOW
Airport Transfer Time: Frequent flights from Delhi and Mumbai arrive at Jolly Grant airport, Dehadrun then a picturesque 40 min drive to Ananda.
Local Currency: Indian Rupee
Credit Card payments are accepted at the resort
Best time to go: Vana has pleasant weather most of the year. Nov-March is cool, clear with sunshine (jackets for morning and evening). April-June begins to see warmer weather. Late June-Sept see sporadic monsoon but less humidiity. Sept-Oct is sunny, warm and humid.
Eco conscious: The resort has a commendable attitude to preserving the surrounding nature.
Children: No children under 16 years of age
Tips: Check the time of year for visiting as you may need a jacket for mornings and evenings (and some socks) As always comfort is key.
Luxury Indian Healing Offers
Upgrades and More Healing Inclusions
Luxury Indian Yoga Retreats just got a whole lot better thanks to new luxury wellness sanctuary Vana, Malsi Estate. We’re so happy to announce special opening offera at one of the world’s most authentic luxury wellness retreats. A true centre for wellbeing, Vana is situated in Dehedrun, one of India’s richest places of spirituality. Healing retreat programs can include Ayurveda, Tibetan Healing,Yoga, Natural Healing, Spa, Fitness or Aqua.
We loved their guest descriptions on Vana; some see it as an ‘ashram of the contemporary world, a sanctuary near the forest or an ideal microcosm of real life’. Its all three!
Homage to the Monsoons Offer
Considered an ideal time of year to detox, the rains act to cleanse the environment and one’s spiritual self.
For retreats starting after July 1st and ending before September 15th, 2015:
- For all retreats of 7 – 13 nights, guests will receive treatments/consultations/sessions based on 3 wellness weights per night per guest instead of the usual 2 wellness weights.
- For all retreats of 14 nights and above, guests who have booked a forest/garden room will be upgraded to a bodhi/forest suite and also receive 3 wellness weights per night per guest instead of the usual 2 wellness weights.
Vana is located in Dehadrun, a most spiritual place in India. Dehradun is in the Indian State of Uttarakhand, well-connected to New Delhi and Mumbai by air and train. With stunning contemporary design, it sits on 21 acres of land, its blessed with its own orchards of mango and lychee.
Why is it a Sanctuary
Vana look at each guest entirely as an individual, observing the physical, mental, physical and emotional states. Whichever program you choose, you'll be cared for by an expert in their field. The estate itself is a contemporary work of art as Vana believe that everything contributes to wellbeing including art, architecture and aroma!
Expect consultations, treatment sessions,supplements and meditation. Tibetan healing treatments include ku nye, dhugs, lum and gom and are offered with complete authenticity. All therapists are fully trained and formally certified from Men-Tsee-Khang, the Tibetan Medical and Astrology Institute in Dharamsala, which was set up by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Looks like a work of art, is mindfully prepared and highly nutritious too. Tailoring for all types, they have non-vegetarian, vegetarian and vegan meal options. There are two restaurants to choose from – Salana, inspired by a variety of cuisines and is based on their wellness principles, and Ańayu, bringing together subliminal Indian cuisine with ayurvedic principles and gastronomical techniques.
Who is it for
Its more anyone who wants to dedicate their holiday to authentic wellness. Whether you have a current medical condition and want to explore a natural healing route or simply want to detox or rejuvenate, this wellness sanctuary has amazing individual programs to suit all.
Vana Indian Special Offers
Prices from 5 nights plus
Bookings starting after July 1st and ending before September 15th, 2015:
1. For all retreats of 7 - 13 nights, guests will receive treatments/consultations/sessions based on 3 wellness weights per night per guest instead of the usual 2 wellness weights.
2. For all retreats of 14 nights and above, guests who have booked a forest/garden room will be upgraded to a bodhi/forest suite and also receive 3 wellness weights per night per guest instead of the usual 2 wellness weights.
• Treatments/consultations/private sessions based on two wellness weights per night per guest
• Arrival and departure wellness consultations
• Retreat well-being activities focused on wellness, cuisine, music etc.
• All Vana wellness cuisine including breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages (except wine and residence dining delivery)
• Airport transfers
• All taxes.